C.2 Operations Policy and Planning Committee
i. That the Board adopt the new Policy 4304 Bullying and Harassment. / Carried unanimously.
ii. That the Board adopt the revised Policy 2120.015 Associate Secretary-Treasurer. / Carried. For: Alpha, Ferris, Horsman, Orcherton Against: Loring-Kuhanga, McNally, Nohr [deletes a reference to Strategic Plan]
iii. That the Board adopt the revised Policy 2123.041 Manager of Purchasing Services. / Carried. For: Ferris, Horsman, Leonard, McNally, Orcherton Against: Alpha, Loring-Kuhanga, Nohr [Discussion in audio file #13. First 4 files are 1.1, 1.2, 2.1 and 2.2]
iv. That the Board adopt the revised Policy 4220.3 Purchasing Services. / Carried unanimously as amended.
- Alpha: Moved to amend: Add “or Associate Secretary-Treasurer” after “Manager of Purchasing Services”. [There is no one in the Manager of Purchasing Services position, which has been unstaffed for some time.] / Carried unanimously.
- Loring-Kuhanga: Moved to refer to November OPPS, as there is no Regulation attached.
- Secretary-Treasurer: There is no Regulation for this Policy as the job description is in the CUPE 947 Collective Agreement.
D. District Leadership Team Reports
D.1 Superintendent’s Report: Staff at the Tolmie Building raised $2700 for the Breast Cancer Research Campaign. Special recognition to CUPE 947 Presidents who had their heads shaved as part of the fundraising.
D.2 Secretary-Treasurer’s Report a) Cooperative Gains Savings Plan for CUPE: Ministry of Education required “savings plan” will be submitted to the Ministry by October 15. For the current year, $660,000 has to be found in the exiting budget; next year approximately $1 million will be required.
E. Reports From Trustee Representatives:
- BCPSEA: Ferris: None
- BCSTA: Horsman : None
- Budget Advisory: Alpha, Ferris, Horsman, Orcherton: None
- Culture and Community: Nohr, Orcherton: None
- District Gay-Straight Alliance Council: Alpha, Horsman: None
- Aboriginal Nations Education Council: Loring-Kuhanga: None
- French Immersion Advisory: Ferris: None
- Healthy Schools: Nohr: None
- Junior Achievement BC Regional Committee: Ferris: None
- Joint Job Evaluation (District): Alpha, Ferris: None
- Negotiation Advisory Committees (District) : ASA: Leonard: None / CUPE 382: Ferris; None / CUPE 947: Ferris: None / Exempt: Nohr: None / Vice Principals and Principals Association: Nohr: None / Teachers (local issues): McNally [see above] , Orcherton: None
- Saanich Arts, Culture and Heritage Advisory Committee : Loring-Kuhanga: None
- Healthy Saanich Advisory Committees: McNally: Attended October 17 meeting (non-voting member); agenda items CRD Smoking Bylaw,Pros and Cons of CRD Stock Affordable Housing Model, Community Table in Saanich (United Way), Joint Workshop, SCAN Update. Next meeting November 21.
- Saanich Parks, Trails and Recreation: Loring-Kuhanga None
- Success By Six: McEvoy, McNally: None (No meetings last school year)
- Swan Lake / Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary: Horsman: None
- Vancouver Island Labour Relations Association: Ferris: None [apparently no website exists for VILRA]
- Victoria Chamber of Commerce: Nohr: None