F. Loring-Kuhanga [moved by McNally in L-K’s absence and with L-K’s permission] : That the board structure the public input budget meetings n February 19, April 2, April 19 and the March 26 budget presentation as question-focussed round table meetings which would provide for greater discussion and dialogue by stakeholders and general public. / Defeated. For: McNally, Nohr Against: Ferris, Horsman, Leonard, Orcherton
- Orcherton: CUPE partner groups have stated they don’t’ like the Round Table format.
G. Loring-Kuhanga [moved by Nohr in L-K’s absence and with L-K’s permission]: That the Board develop policies and regulations regarding cyber-bullying that are current with the proposed federal legislation in Bill C-13 by directing the District Leadership Team to review all SD61 relevant policies and regulations and make recommendations to the Board on any additions, changes and / or revisions that align with the Ministry of Education’s Safe, Caring and Orderly Schools.
- Bill C-13 is only proposed at this time.
- Ferris: Motion to table until DLT comes back with commentary. / Carried. For: Ferris, Horsman, Leonard, Orcherton Against: McNally, Nohr
Notice of motion from the floor: Nohr: That the board defer the date for the motion on the closure of Sundance School.
- Leonard (chair): Will not accept the motion. Take it to the Board meeting.
[This might – or might not – have been better received if presented as a motion to amend the final date in the Sundance letter, which was carried by motion. In any case, will appear on Board agenda.]
9. General Announcements: None.
10. Adjournment: 9:50 pm
Next meeting dates and amazing student art on last page.