Whiteaker / Ferris: Amendment: Remove 3.2.3 “Animals will be removed from the classroom during any emergency, drill, evacuation, or otherwise”./ Carried. For: Ferris, Leonard, Loring-Kuhanga, Nohr, Orcherotn, Whiteaker Against: McNally, Paynter, Watters
Elected Trustees: Leonard (1996), Ferris (1999), Orcherton (1999), Loring-Kuhanga (2011), McNally (2011), Nohr (2011), Paynter (2014), Watters (2014), Whiteaker (2014) P. 1 Board meeting / general info P. 2. DPAC Constitution (more interesting than it sounds – each school PAC has its own but they apparently aren’t posted) Voting Day Local Elections October 20, 2018. New rules and info here. I plan to stand for election […]
Elected SD61 Trustees: Leonard (1996), Ferris (1999), Orcherton (1999), Loring-Kuhanga (2011), McNally (2011), Nohr (2011), Paynter (2014), Watters (2014), Whiteaker (2014) P. 1 Operations Policy and Planning Meeting P. 2. DPAC Constitution (more interesting than it sounds – each school PAC has its own but they apparently aren’t posted) Motion below carried at BCSTA AGM in April 2018. Letter from BCSTA Executive to Minister Fleming and the […]
Public goods should be funded by public money through sufficient taxes to provide optimum operation. Both public education and public health – hospitals – are critical public goods, yet both are dependent on fundraising or the personally favoured cause of wealthy philanthropists. Education and hospitals should not have to turn to bake sales and golf tournaments for funding.
1. That the Board give special consideration to the identified Equity Seeking Schools in all discussions of resource allocations, so that these schools may be provided with additional resources.
2. That the Board adopt and fund the recommendations of the District Facilities Accessibility Plan.
3. That the Board fund the application of the Base+ Model for sensory rooms.
4. That the Board fund the application of the Base+ Model for elementary school counsellor allocations.
5. That the Board seek avenues to provide additional support for mental wellness and social- emotional needs at middle and secondary schools.
6. That the Board support standardizing emergency response materials, procedures, and training across the District, so that each school is afforded the same level of emergency preparedness.
The SD61 Board bid to host the Vancouver Island School Trustees spring branch meeting and was succesful. Will be held at Esquimalt High School. Butch Dick of the Songhees Nation has been asked to give the territory welcome. Sessions will focus on SOGI, inclusion, governance, and equity. My suggestion: ask a high school student to […]
Agenda adopted. [Video of all Board meetings here.] Minutes November 27/17 approved (here). Lined Paper record here. No Business Arising from minutes. No Student Achievement presentation, no District Presentations from SD61 staff. A.6 Community Presentations a) Jason Gammon, President, GVTA : GVTA, BCTF 100 Year Anniversary In the BCTF mural, the central figure is an […]